Terms and Conditions
BWS Footy Finals Cash Back
Lion - Beer, Spirits & Wine Pty Ltd ABN 13 008 596 370, Level 7, 68 York St, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia. Ph: 1800 677 852
Start date: 07/10/20 at 09:00 am AEDT
End date: 03/11/20 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Claims are only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over.
How to Claim
To claim a gift, the claimant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a) purchase a case of Furphy Crisp Lager B24's, Furphy Ale B24's, Furphy Ale C24's, XXXX Dry B24's, Byron Bay Premium Lager B24's, James Squire Broken Shackles Lager B24’s or Iron Jack Mid Strength B24's in one (1) transaction, to share, from any BWS store within Australia or at bws.com.au ("Participating Venues"); and
b) visit http://www.footyfavouritescashback.com/, follow the prompts to the Promotion claim form page; and fully complete and submit the online claim form with their personal details (first name, last name, date of birth, email address and mobile number), and upload a scanned copy or photo of their receipt for the qualifying transaction.
Claimants have an option on the claim for to tick a box to consent to receipt of marketing material from the Promoter.
Proof of Purchase
The claimant must retain proof of purchase. The proof of purchase required is an original receipt for the qualifying transaction.
Once a claim is successfully verified by the Promoter, the gift will then be awarded to the respective claimant.
Limit one (1) claim permitted per person & eligible transaction.
The gift is a $10 Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard.
The gift will be sent to the mobile number provided on the claim form.
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard are not included. Any unused balance of the Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard will be forfeited. The Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard is issued by EML Payment Solutions Limited (ABN 30 131 436 532) AFSL 404131 pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. See www.vaultps.com.au/terms for terms and conditions. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. The Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard must be activated within 2 months of issue and funds expire 12 months after activation.
Value (per gift)
Gift with Purchase
- The claimant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule) and that claiming a gift in the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Claim have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Claims are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the claimant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible claims will be accepted during the Promotional Period, while Gift stocks last.
- Employees (and the immediate family members) of the Participating Venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to claim. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Claimants must keep their proof of purchase specified in the How to Claim section for each claim as proof of purchase ("Proof of Purchase"). If a claimant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific claim or each claim, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the claimant's respective claim/claims for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all claims submitted by that claimant and/or forfeit the claimant's right to a gift. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as a Participating Venue; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for entry; and (c) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to entry. If the Promoter invalidates a claim and forfeits the claimant’s right to a gift, the Promoter may require a gift already awarded to be returned to the Promoter or a Participating Venue.
- The Promoter supports the responsible service of alcohol and encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Claimants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcohol beverage if it would breach any laws, codes or policies including those of the relevant liquor licensee relating to the responsible service of alcohol. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol. A full version of these Guidelines is available at https://nhmrc.gov.au/about-us/publications/australian-guidelines-reduce-health-risks-drinking-alcohol. Please refer to the GL4001 ‘Liquor promotion guidelines’ and GL4003 ‘Intoxication guidelines’ at liquorandgaming.justice.nsw.gov.au.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- Each gift will be awarded to the person named in the claim and any claim that is made on behalf of a claimant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the claimant.
- If a gift is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the gift is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party gift supplier and the provision of the gift is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the gift at the time it is issued to the claimant will prevail over these Conditions of Claim, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the gift, any delay or failure relating to the gift itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Claim or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Claim restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected claims, or suspend or modify a gift.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of claims and claimant's details (including a claimant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a claimant cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their claim, the claimant will forfeit the gift in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible claims, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to claim a gift. Claims containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to claim a gift. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically claim repeatedly is prohibited and may render all claims submitted by that individual invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or is otherwise involved in any conduct that involved manipulating, interfering or tampering with this Promotion or otherwise preventing the conduct of the Promotion as intended by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify claims in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Claim. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each claimant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any gift (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The claimant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the claimant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the gift or acceptance of the gift.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
Each Consumer who submits a valid Application will receive a $10 Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard to be sent out via SMS to the mobile number provided at the time of entry.
Vault and Mastercard Terms and Conditions
Each prize is a $10 Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard to be sent out via SMS to the mobile number provided at the time of entry. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard are not included. Any unused balance of the Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard will be forfeited. The Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard is issued by EML Payment Solutions Limited (ABN 30 131 436 532) AFSL 404131 pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. See www.vaultps.com.au/terms for terms and conditions. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. The Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard must be activated within 2 months of issue and funds expire 12 months after activation. For detailed activation and usage instructions See Vault FAQs - https://www.vaultps.com.au/faq/